Result of Service
1. Staff with resource mobilization responsibilities have the necessary skills to carry out their work
2. Increase in level of funds raised from more public institutions
One week in each training location.
Duties and Responsibilities
UN-Habitat would like to increase the level of its funding, diversify its donor base so that it is able to increase its annual revenue from a level of USD200 million to USD 500 million within six years. The agency needs to develop skills including in the areas of partnering with the private sector and foundations in addition to resource mobilization from national and local governments. This will entail, among other things, enhancing the capacity of staff with resource mobilization functions so that they have the necessary skills in all aspects of fundraising from planning, developing and maintain good donor relations, to writing compelling proposals and demonstrating the results of UN-Habitat’s work to achieve the goal of a better quality of life for all in an urbanizing world.
Under the supervison of OiC, Donor Relations and Income Management, the consultant will perform the following duties;-
1. Prepare training materials for customized training based on recent assessments of UN-Habitat’s resource mobilization function as well as strategic and operational needs
2. Give training workshop to selected staff within the organization on all aspects of building partnerships to mobilize resources for sustainable urban programmes from the private sector, primarily businesses, but also high net worth individuals, and from foundations
3. Provide feedback on training including recommendations on areas of further improvement
Academic Qualifications: Degree in public relations, journalism, communications, business or similar subject. Certified Fund-Raising Executive certification is required.
Experience: 1. At least 5 years’ experience in partnerships and resource mobilization with the private sector, foundations and/ or high net worth individuals is required.
2. Experience in training staff in international organizations on resource mobilization is required.
Language: Fluency in English is required.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.