Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Social Sector Division within the Central and West Asia Department (CWRD). CWRD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance to countries in the Central and West Asia region. CWSS (Central West Asia Social Sector Division) is responsible for developing business plans, and processing and implementing investment and technical assistance projects in education, skills development, and health sectors in the Central and West Asia region covering ten countries.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Operations Assistant performs secretarial, administrative and operational support services for various activities of the Division including retreat, and staff welfare recreation activities. He/She assists in coordinating division-wide activities relating to project processing and administration; and. coordinates knowledge dissemination activities and database management. The incumbent will report to designated international staff and senior national staff.
• Provides support in project processing particularly inputting/updating information in the eOps and similar databases, preparing correspondences, and monitoring processing schedule.
• Ensures that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are properly typed, prepared, submitted on time and in compliance with ADB's standards.
• Ensures all incoming mails are logged, properly distributed and brought to the attention of concerned staff, and that all outgoing mails/faxes are delivered on time.
• Provides efficient administrative services by proper screening of calls, taking accurate messages, and addressing queries from internal/external callers and referring them to concerned staff in a timely manner.
• Ensures effective coordination of supervisors' schedules by maintaining their diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisors and in accordance with ADB procedures.
• Ensures office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
• Performs other duties as shown on the workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
• Good coordination and interpersonal skills with ability to liaise and work effectively with individuals from different professional and cultural background.
• Proactive problem solution skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and good analytical thinking.
• Good memo composition and editing skills.
• Ability to set priorities and manage workload, and work with minimum supervision.
• Proficient in ADB standard software programs and information technologies.
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for administrative staff level 4
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.