Senior Associate ( Electric Vehicles Infrastructure ) - Cities Program
Location: Bangalore/Mumbai/ New Delhi India
WRI is a global research organization that spans more than 50 countries, with offices in the Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Turkey and the United States. Our more than 450 experts and staff work closely with leaders to turn big ideas into action to sustain our natural resources—the foundation of economic opportunity and human well-being.
WRI was recently voted the #1 Environmental Think Tank in the world and is consistently recommended by staff as one of the 'most desired organizations to work for.' In 2014, WRI was ranked one of the Top Workplaces by the Washington Post .
World Resources Institute India (WRII) is a wholly owned subsidiary of WRI established in India
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI's policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI's global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background . Foreign candidate needs to have a valid work permit for India . Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis.
Position Overview :
The selected candidate will closely with City and State Governments to develop electric vehicle policies. The daily tasks will include identifying early adopters for electric vehicles, developing analysis on business models including designing incentive programs and roll out strategies. The position will require collaborating with private sector and other experts in the field. The candidate will actively participate in development activities such as identifying and writing proposals, engaging with partners and other opportunities . The candidate will be required to independently manage research projects, resources, fundraising, stakeholder engagement, travel and represent WRI at various national and international platforms.
Key Responsibilities :
The candidate will handle a range of program responsibilities. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
Program Development and Coordination
- Perform analysis, produce project reports and presentations on topical areas
- Collaborate and work with to advance publications
- Work closely with the transport team to identify opportunities for impactful research
- Identify and write grant proposals, contribute to proposals and development efforts on program fundraising goals
Outreach and Communications
- Produce material to communicate WRI India's Cities work in India and globally, including analytical content to non-technical audiences, media, and existing and prospective funders
- Attend and present work at national and international workshops, conferences, seminars as necessary
Research and Knowledge
- Identify research gaps, cultivate ideas and author or co-author knowledge products (e.g., reports, briefs, data-products) around bus transport
- Liaise with experts in India, global experts, and researchers to facilitate development of high quality research
- Design and hold periodic seminars for capacity building and solicit input and feedback on the same
Required Attributes & Qualifications
- Master's degree in Sustainable Development, Engineering, Urban Planning, Public Policy, Transport, Economic Development or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5-6 years of highly relevant, full-time work experience. International work/study experience will be valuable
- Demonstrated exceptional ability (through published work, articles, etc.) to write and comprehend effectively
- Strong analytical research skills -ability to communicate complex concepts clearly, both orally and in writing, with fluency in English.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to understand and transfer skills and knowledge to a breadth of specialty areas
- Ability to independently lead, design and draft research proposals and studies
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build a strong network of professional relationships
- Comfort working with staff at all levels of experience
- Ability to travel when needed
Salary and Benefits
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package
How to Apply :
Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers (Select region as India) . All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only select applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Final ized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
This article is culled from daily press coverage from around the world. It is posted on the Urban Gateway by way of keeping all users informed about matters of interest. The opinion expressed in this article is that of the author and in no way reflects the opinion of UN-Habitat.