Reference Number: 180508
Position Level: IS 4/5
Department: Budget, Personnel, and Management Systems Department
Division: HR Business Partners Division
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Closing Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1) This is a proactive search for candidates to fill future vacancies.
2) Actual position title and level will be based on the candidates' qualifications, experience, and job scope.
3) Location - initial appointment to ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines. Some positions may be outposted in a Field Office.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
The positions will be assigned to various operational departments in ADB.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Urban Development Specialist / Senior Urban Development Specialist will implement and administer loans, and non-lending products and services, including technical assistance (TA), in the urban development and water sector including urban transport and provide relevant stakeholders with necessary technical support and knowledge for projects.
The incumbent will report to the designated Director and may supervise one or more National and Administrative staff.
- Contribute in the development and processing of loan and technical assistance (TA) projects in the urban development and water sector and integrate ADB's policies and guidelines in the design and implementation of loan and TA projects.
- Administer loan and TA projects, including conduct of regular, mid-term and completion review of urban development projects.
- Provide information and analyses towards the development of policy and strategies for urban development in Developing Member Countries (DMCs) in consultation with relevant government agencies and field offices
- Assist Management with guidance on inquiries related to urban development including urban transport and water sector and relevant sector governance reforms
- Maintain strategic partnership with external partners for knowledge and project opportunities. Respond to external inquiries as needed.
- Collaborate and disseminate content on the department's operations in urban development including urban transport and water sector. Lead relevant in-house studies and seminars and prepare reports or policy briefs on topics crucial to ADB's urban development including urban transport and water sector operations.
- Lead, supervise, and support reporting staff, including their performance and development.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master's degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, or other related fields. Bachelor's degree in the relevant fields, combined with specialized experience for similar organizations may be considered in lieu of a master's degree.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in the fields of water supply and sanitation, urban transport, and/or integrated urban development
- Broad experience in the preparation of investment projects and analysis of relevant development policies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- For other competencies, relevant to the position, please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Levels 4 - 5.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of three years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.
Source: UN Jobs
This article is culled from daily press coverage from around the world. It is posted on the Urban Gateway by way of keeping all users informed about matters of interest. The opinion expressed in this article is that of the author and in no way reflects the opinion of UN-Habitat.