CONSULTANT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Issued on: 14 November 2018
Senior SharePoint Analyst and Developer
31 January 2019
The United Nations Human Settlements Program, UN-HABITAT, is the United Nations agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. The vacancy is located in the Information and Communication Technology Unit (ICT), Office of Management, UNHABITAT
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The purpose of the consultancy is to support Management and Operations Division with development tasks related development of the Project Accrual and Accountability System (PAAS) ongoing project on Microsoft SharePoint.
Under the supervision of Head ICT, the consultant will continue the development, testing and deployment of UN-HABITAT Project Accrual and Accountability System (PAAS). The deliverables within the contract timeframe are as follows.
- Development and rollout of report/dashboard verification workflow and posting approval process. As well as development of related reports or adjustment of existing reports as per need assessment.
- Development for Project Start-up and Approval module including related workflows and the project delivery monitoring templates and it related status reporting
- Development of issue tracking and automated alerts functionality to managers and project leaders to alert them on discrepancies, tasks, and other related issues.
- Complete streamlined donor reporting module and develop Donor templates as per user requirement e.g EU and Climate change fund templates
- Development and rollout project closure modules and it related work flows and status reports
- Provision of and user and technical documentation of developed modules
• Professionalism: Knowledge of Relational Database systems, SQL, SharePoint development, and relevant programming languages and the ability to use these programming skills to develop information systems. Knowledge of system development workflow and document flow processes, ability to conduct research and gather information from a wide variety of standard and non-standard sources.
• Client Orientation: Attention to organizational needs and user requirements to ensure that finished systems are user, not technology, driven.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; Is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; Shares credit.
University Degree from a recognized institute in computer science, software engineering or related field;
At least five years in the design and implementation of complex web based systems using Microsoft SharePoint, MS SQL, ASP.net, C# and Java., and analytical and web design skills.
Good writing Skills and fluency in English are required
Working experience or knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is plus
Payments will be based on deliverables over the consultancy period. There are set remuneration rates for consultancies. The rate is determined by functions performed and experience of the consultant. The fees will be paid as per agreement.
Applications should include:
Please also be advised that since April 15th 2010, applicants for consultancies must be part of the
All applications should be submitted to:
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2019
UN-HABITAT does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of these offices and requesting the payment of a fee, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is culled from daily press coverage from around the world. It is posted on the Urban Gateway by way of keeping all users informed about matters of interest. The opinion expressed in this article is that of the author and in no way reflects the opinion of UN-Habitat.