Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
Office: UNDP Uruguay
PROJECT URU / 16 / G33 'Towards a sustainable and efficient urban mobility system in Uruguay'
Location: Montevideo, URUGUAY
Application Deadline: 17-Jan-17 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category: Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post Level: SC-4
Languages Required: Inglés Spanish
Starting Date: (date When the selected candidate is expected to start) 03-Jan-2017
Call for Consultant / National Expert / a in Finance and Transport Economics
Background: In July 2016, the Global Environment Facility (GEF) approved the Project Identification Form (PIF) of the project 'Towards a sustainable and efficient urban mobility system in Uruguay' (Link to the project: Approved by the GEF: https://www.thegef.org/gef/project_detail?projID=9480).
The objective of the project is to promote a low carbon and efficient transportation model in Montevideo, to be replicated in other cities of Uruguay, based on the improvement of institutional capacities, the development of adequate regulation and the application of innovative technologies. To support the preparation of the Medium-Sized Project (MSP), the GEF approved the project preparation phase (PPG). This preparatory phase will be implemented through Project URU / 16 / G33 by the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Mining in close coordination with the Ministry of Housing, Territorial Planning and Environment, with UNDP being the GEF Agency for the project.
The project aims to empower all stakeholders to direct urban transport towards more sustainable practices. The project should facilitate:
- Reviewing the current system of regulations and incentives, promoting the implementation of new low carbon public transport technologies, such as electric buses;
- The promotion of an innovative culture among public transport and freight distribution managers, open to the early adoption of new technologies and prepared to adopt a proactive approach to attract new users and customers;
- The strengthening of the capacities of the various competent authorities and public bodies for the implementation of integrated multisectoral policies supported by appropriate tools, such as tools for monitoring the operation of urban transport (in particular from an environmental perspective) Of vehicles with low CO2 emissions.
Duties and Responsibilities
It will work under the supervision of MIEM, MVOTMA, the UNDP Uruguay office, and in close coordination with the team leader / project formulation specialist. The technical teams of MIEM, MVOTMA and UNDP will facilitate access to the information necessary for the consultancy.
- Integrity and ethics according to the United Nations standard values;
- Promote culture of knowledge sharing and learning culture;
- Demonstrate openness to changes and skills to handle conflict situations;
- Promote gender culture
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree of university professional in economics, engineering or other related field to the object of the consultancy.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Proven experience in the elaboration of studies on urban transport and mobility and transport economics.
- Knowledge of economic and financial life cycle analysis will be assessed.
- Knowledge and / or experience in energy efficiency and / or climate change projects will be assessed.
- Knowledge and / or experience in management, planning and / or regulation of urban transport will be assessed.
- Knowledge about state institutions and public policies, as well as non-governmental organizations and international organizations related to the purpose of the call will be evaluated.
- Specific experience will be assessed in UNDP / GEF projects.
- I speak written and oral English.
Download terms of reference here: http://www.uy.undp.org/content/dam/uruguay/docs/OportunidadesTrabajoUy/T...(002).pdf
Applications must be submitted to the UNDP Office or sent by e-mail to email@example.com until Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at time 17, identifying the name of the post to which you are applying. The presentation of:
- Curriculum vitae
- Form P11
The consultant must invoice as a university professional or as a sole proprietorship. During the term of the contract, the contracted person may not be a civil servant or maintain contractual links with state agencies, except for the University of the Republic. The person to be hired must be a Uruguayan citizen (natural or legal), or resident alien with a registered address and intend to remain in the territory of the Eastern Republic of Uruguay for as long as the tasks involved in the contract They require it.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
This article is culled from daily press coverage from around the world. It is posted on the Urban Gateway by way of keeping all users informed about matters of interest. The opinion expressed in this article is that of the author and in no way reflects the opinion of UN-Habitat.