It's only two weeks to the 3rd Resilient Cities 2012 on 13-15 May in Bonn, Germany!
Nearly 300 participants from local governments, international organizations, academia and private sector are getting ready to share their ideas and work on the various aspects of urban resilience and adaptation.
Don’t miss the chance to engage. Register now!
Take a look at the video from 2011 and get a feeling of what to expect in 2012!
This year the congress will have a special focus on:
- Urban Risk: participants working on disaster management will address the issue of urban risk as a key element in building resilient cities at the Urban Risk Forum.
- Resilient Urban Logistics: a one day dialogue will be created at the Resilient Urban Logistics Forum organized in cooperation with DHL. It will define the link between urbanization and urban logistics and its importance for the resilience of cities and climate change adaptation.
- Financing the Resilient City: initiated during Resilient Cities 2011, the debate will offer answers on how climate financing for adaptation can be mobilized, leveraged and innovated for the local level.
- Global sustainable infrastructure finance: the discussion will focus on bridging the gap between cities and investors and is organized in partnership with Global Energy Basel.
- Resilient Building and Construction: in cooperation with the World Green Building Council, a dedicated high level panel will look into how building resilient cities can become a reality.
- Juergen Nimptsch, Mayor, City of Bonn, Germany
- Jane Henley, CEO, World Green Building Council
- David Dodman, Senior Researcher, IIED
- Katharina Tomoff, Vice President GoGreen, Deutsche Post DHL
- Anthony Bigio, Senior Urban Specialist, World Bank
Confirmed cities featured in the program include:
Da Nang (Vietnam), Lake Worth (Florida, USA), Johannesburg (South Africa), Kolding (Denmark), Kaohsiung (Chinese Taipei), Pekalongan (Indonesia), Probolinggo (Indonesia), Dagupan (Philippines), Almada (Portugal), Barcelona (Spain), Ancona (Italy) Copenhagen (Denmark), Sorsogon (Philippines), La Paz (Mex ico), Makati City (Phillipines), Cape Town (South Africa), Aberdeen (UK), Calgary (Canada).
In addition, there are many more events not to be missed! Attend the launch of the UNISDR ‘Handbook for Mayors’, join the Young Researchers Forum, visit the exhibition area and gain new insights at the poster session.
Download the latest full congress program to find out more.
Registration is still open!!!
Already participating? Get the most out of the congress: attend Resilient Cities 2012 pre and post events!
- 12 May 2012: a stakeholder workshop ‘Renewables for Resilient Cities: A roadmap from 2012 to 2050’ organized by IRENA.
- 16 May 2012: Integrated Urban Risk Management workshop organized by Global Risk Forum GRF Davos