Organization Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, in the United Nations agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. This post is located in the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP), UN-Habitat.
Working closely with the Head, Project Office, and the Thematic Branch Coordinators, and reporting to the Office of the Deputy Executive Director for all political and representative matters, the incumbent’s responsibilities will be as follows:
• Contributing to the overall policy and strategy development of UN-Habitat, including in the regional dimensions;
• Providing leadership in the development and implementation of UN-Habitat’s operational strategy for the region and sub-regions;
• Encouraging international cooperation to implement the Habitat Agenda and represent the organization at all high level events and fora in the region.
Programme Development and Implementation:
• Providing leadership in the formulation of the annual work programme of the region and coordinating its implementation;
• Monitoring emergency needs and issues in the region in the context of human settlements and developing and implementing appropriate response strategy and projects;
• Maintaining productive relations with the host government and supporting institutions and mobilizing resources for activities in the region;
• Ensuring regional presence of UN-Habitat by undertaking or participating in activities that foster country-to-country cooperation, knowledge management, and exchange of experience in varied aspects of human settlements across the region;
• Promoting and implementing UN-Habitat operational activities and the implementation of UN-Habitat global programmes, global campaigns and the Mid Term Institutional Strategic Plan.
Management and Supervision of the Office:
• Managing and supervising the work of the Office, including administration, personnel, procurement and financial management;
• Approving financial authorizations for accounts under the Office control;
• Ensuring timely reporting to Headquarters and all the agencies funding its operational activities, including annual and quarterly reports.
For more information, kindly follow the link below.